It seems iRiver has put up a webpage containing the source to the iRiver story firmware, or at least (some?) GPL copylefted parts of it.
So just to be sure I’ll be making copies of the provided source, and to help google a bit I’ll provide some indexable direct links:
- iRiver Story kernel source
- iRiver Story boot loader source
- iRiver Story busybox source
- iRiver Story mtools source
- iRiver Story cairo source
- iRiver Story newlib source
- iRiver Story freetype source
- iRiver Story libjpeg source
- iRiver Story libpng source
- iRiver Story iconv source
- iRiver Story expat source
- iRiver Story zlib source
I will also provide a mirror of the iRiver story GPL source files, though I haven’t checked them thorougly yet.
It’s unclear if my previous posts and/or if Mikhail Gusarov’s gpl-violations.org work has been of any influence, but it’s good to see some source being released. Hopefully this will enable the openinkpot.org developers to hack the iRiver story a bit more :)
The page is announced at iriver.com and Google finds it “source code iriver story”.
Comment by Viktor — Apr 21, 2010 1:55:32 PM
In case you’re interested in hacking kernel or uboot for story, I created a repo, where iriver’s changes are applied to vanlilla code of coresponding versions:
Comment by t3d — May 7, 2010 10:36:32 PM